Consoles Team Leader
Neg Earth Lights Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers. The winner of TPI’s Favorite Lighting Rental Company award in 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. With us everything is possible.
Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. With over 35 years dedicated to providing a one stop shop for lighting and events solutions, we pride ourselves on our first class customer service and our market leading equipment prepared to the highest standards.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and knowledgeable Consoles Team Leader. An in-depth working knowledge of Consoles is required to include: Grand MA, HOG and Full boar, along with proven experience with networking systems and media servers. The successful individual will be looking for a dynamic warehouse based role within a friendly and results orientated team.
- Supervise and ensure the smooth daily operation of the Consoles team
- Prepare Lighting Consoles and Data systems.
- Ensure the consoles are maintained in accordance with Company standards.
- Prepare network systems for control in accordance with Company standards.
- Design and build custom racks and systems to job requirements
- Assist in preparing Media servers and associated equipment.
- Ensure company Procedures are followed at all times
- Proven experience with:
- Networking products for data control and transfer, especially fibre networks.
- Cable configuration and integrity.
- Given the need for frequent contact with suppliers and clients alike, the individual must be able to develop and sustain good working relationships.
- Prepare documentation to enable clients to fault find and correctly operate allocated digital equipment, and also support the clients via the web or phone when required.
- Work with the project office to ensure that jobs are accurately specified and quoted.
- Train other Technicians, Staff and Crew on how to use the equipment provided.
- Train the Controls technicians to prepare all equipment correctly and in line with company standards.
- Ensure technical knowledge of consoles and computers is consistently updated
- Maintain records on stock repair’
- Prepare and maintain documentation detailing how to prepare new and existing equipment to ensure position can be covered at times of absence.
- Stock Control - All products and parts related to these items of equipment. Using the current company software.
- Oversee and train when necessary the Rotation Scheme trainee.
- Provide cover for the responsibilities of the Consoles Manager in times of absence
- Work with the Senior Technician to allow them to cover in times of absence
Standard Team Leader / Wider Management Team Responsibilities:
- The management team have a shared responsibility to ensure that Neg Earth Lights Ltd continues to be successful by directing their teams to achieve both Company and Team goals.
- The management team have the responsibility to ensure that their staff have the training and the resources necessary for their role.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience within a rental warehouse environment specialising in control equipment.
- Proven experience within a rental warehouse environment.
- Proactive leadership skills.
- Adaptable, organised with the ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong motivational and problem solving skills.
- High level of both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to take ownership / accountability.
- Ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and time keeping.
- MS Office exeperience to an intermediate level.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional approach to the managing of the Consoles team and work allocation.
- Available to work overtime and cover after hours calls.
- Ability to work overtime when required. Including onsite work.
- Available to cover out of hours calls.
- Understanding that you may be required to work at different Neg Earth sites.
- Experience using a stock control system.
- Previous senior/supervisory role.
- Live events environment, including console/network experience.
- A Level or Degree educated (or equivalent).
- Electronics qualification.
- Grand MA, HOG and / or Avolites Training.
- Network Qualification.
- Programming knowledge.
What’s in it for you? - Company Benefits Include:
- Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cash Back Health Care Scheme provided by Health Shield.
- Private Health Insurance provided by Bupa.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory 8 UK Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme provided by Scottish Widows.
- Discretionary annual company performance related bonus.
- Access to the onsite company gym.
- Six monthly appraisals.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Further Education Scheme.
- Holistic wellbeing training and awareness scheme.
- Relevant external departmental or level based training, where appropriate.
Ready to join our winning team? - How to Apply:
Please submit your application for the role via email. Closing Date: 30/06/2018
Equal Opportunities – How we can help you:
Please note that Neg Earth Lights Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer. Should you require any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavor to make all reasonable adjustments.
Due to high volumes of applications we are not always able to respond to each application. Therefore if you have not been contacted 10 working days post the above mentioned closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.