Moving Lights Team Leader
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm.
Neg Earth Lights Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers. The winner of TPI’s Favorite Lighting Rental Company award in 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. With us everything is possible.
Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. With over 35 years dedicated to providing a one stop shop for lighting and events solutions, we pride ourselves on our first class customer service and our market leading equipment prepared to the highest standards.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and knowledgeable Moving Lights Team Leader. An in-depth working knowledge of moving lights is required to include: Martin, Clay Paky and Varilite, along with proven experience in fault finding and repairs. The successful individual will be looking for a dynamic warehouse based role within a friendly and results orientated team.
- Maintain and prepare moving lights equipment for hire, including cleaning, lamp checks, testing, software updates, addressing of units and barcode scanning using WMS (Warehouse Management System).
- Service and repair moving lights equipment both within the warehouse and offsite when required.
- Ensure that the equipment is accurately reflected in WMS before releasing to the goods out team.
- Ensure that the equipment is accurately matched in Easy Job and WMS, notifying the relevant individuals of any discrepancies.
- Quality control, ensure that all fixtures are prepared with the correct required fixings for the specified job.
- Update the Equipment Team when a unit is out of action, so that this can be highlighted as unavailable stock. Ensure that all units for repair are logged via the WMS and moved to the Repairs Technician area.
- Continuously knowledge share and mentor where necessary the other Moving Lights Technicians on small repairs and fault finding to ensure that knowledge gaps are covered.
- Assist in the portable appliance testing (PAT), for all Moving Lights and LED fixtures, to ensure that they are within their test period, so that the relevant test certificates can be produced as and when required.
- Comply with the Checking in Procedure which involves fixture and fixings count, as well as reporting of any damaged fixtures and responding to the four hour check emails from the back door.
- Schedule of the preparation of the upcoming workload and staff allocation to the preparation of these jobs.
- Ensure that the Repairs Technician has liaised with the Procurement team regarding the parts that require ordering.
- Provide technical support to Neg Earth crew and other visiting production crew, when necessary.
- Reviewing of prep sheets or WMS to establish the Fixture type and count required for each job.
- Cross reference the plot / patch against the prep sheet / WMS.
- Ensuring that the standard of the sub hired moving lights meets the company’s requirements.
- Continuously find ways to improve the department and processes.
- Stand in for the Moving Lights Manager in meetings, when required.
Standard Team Leader / Wider Management Team Responsibilities:
- The management team have a shared responsibility to ensure that Neg Earth Lights Ltd continues to be successful by directing their teams to achieve both Company and Team goals.
- The management team have the responsibility to ensure that their staff have the training and the resources necessary for their role.
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
- Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Load and unload trucks, when required.
- Ensuring the warehouse and work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- To ensure that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labelled and stored appropriately.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven practical experience in a similar role.
- Previous proven experience in managing or leading a team with the ability to motivate and drive the team.
- An extensive and in-depth working knowledge of moving lights to include: Martin, Clay Paky and Varilite.
- Training / certificates in relation to Martin, Clay Paky and Varilite fixtures.
- Proven and extensive experience in fault finding and repairs.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Autonomy and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Customer focused with a high level of attention to detail.
- Adaptable and results orientated.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Ability to work for paid overtime when required (including weekends).
- Experience using a stock control system.
What’s in it for you? - Company Benefits Include:
- Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cash Back Health Care Scheme provided by Health Shield.
- Private Health Insurance provided by Bupa.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory 8 UK Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme provided by Scottish Widows.
- Discretionary annual company performance related bonus.
- Access to the onsite company gym.
- Six monthly appraisals.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Further Education Scheme.
- Holistic wellbeing training and awareness scheme.
- Relevant external departmental or level based training, where appropriate.
Ready to join our winning team? - How to Apply:
Please submit your application for the role via email. Closing Date: 30/04/2018
Equal Opportunities – How we can help you:
Please note that Neg Earth Lights Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer. Should you require any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavor to make all reasonable adjustments.
Due to high volumes of applications we are not always able to respond to each application. Therefore if you have not been contacted 10 working days post the above mentioned closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.