Personal Assistant to Business Manager
Neg Earth Lights Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers. The winner of TPI’s Favorite Lighting Rental Company award in 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. With us everything is possible.
Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. With over 35 years dedicated to providing a one stop shop for lighting and events solutions, we pride ourselves on our first class customer service and our market leading equipment prepared to the highest standards.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Personal Assistant or a Senior Administrator to join our friendly, dynamic and results orientated team. The successful individual will be possess a high level of accuracy, with impeccable written and verbal communication skills; furthermore a high level or organisation and autonomy is required for this role.
- To act as the Business Manager's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing.
- Take and circulate notes at meetings and to provide general assistance during presentations
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the Business Manager.
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations both for, and as an output from meetings
- Attending meetings and ensuring the Business Manager is well prepared for meetings; follow up agreed actions and communicate progress.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
- Provision of cover for the Business Manager at meetings as appropriate.
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Responsibility for maintaining records relating to accounts and budgets;
- Taking on some of the Business Manager's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Deputising for the Business Manager, making decisions and delegating work to others in the Business Manager's absence.
- Being involved in decision-making processes.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation.
- Collation of information and paperwork in relation to Company Credit Card for Business Manager.
- Continuous improvement and review of existing processes to recommend changes for the Business Manager’s approval.
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
- Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous secretarial and administrative experience within a fast-paced customer facing environment.
- Ability to effectively plan and organise workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- GCSE or equivalent.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent and IT skills, including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Intermediate knowledge of databases and information systems.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work for paid overtime to meet deadlines.
- Honesty and reliability.
What’s in it for you? - Company Benefits Include:
- Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cash Back Health Care Scheme provided by Health Shield.
- Private Health Insurance provided by Bupa.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory 8 UK Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme provided by Scottish Widows.
- Discretionary annual company performance related bonus.
- Access to the onsite company gym.
- Six monthly appraisals.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Further Education Scheme.
- Holistic wellbeing training and awareness scheme.
- Relevant external departmental or level based training, where appropriate.
Ready to join our winning team? - How to Apply:
Please submit your application for the role via email. Closing Date: 30/04/2018
Equal Opportunities – How we can help you:
Please note that Neg Earth Lights Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer. Should you require any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavor to make all reasonable adjustments.
Due to high volumes of applications we are not always able to respond to each application. Therefore if you have not been contacted 10 working days post the above mentioned closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.