Neg Earth Lights Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers. The winner of TPI’s Favorite Lighting Rental Company award in 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. With us everything is possible.
Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. With over 35 years dedicated to providing a one stop shop for lighting and events solutions, we pride ourselves on our first class customer service and our market leading equipment prepared to the highest standards.
Our team is rapidly expanding and an excellent opportunity has arisen for an additional experienced Project Co-ordinator join our friendly, dynamic and results orientated team. The successful individual have proven experience from a similar industry based role, will be possess a high level of accuracy, with impeccable written and verbal communication skills; furthermore a high level or organisation and autonomy is required for this role.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Neg Earth’s reputation for excellence and innovation is enhanced, by supporting the management and practical implementation of each project. The aim is to free up the Project Managers allowing them to be as client facing as possible, whilst ensuring everything runs as smoothly as possible behind the scenes.
This entails facilitating each project’s efficient progress through the company with thorough documentation and use of internal systems, as well as maintaining excellent internal communications. Working closely with the Project Managers primarily and their reports on occasion to manage the practical application of each project from quotation to delivery, including building strong working relationships both internally and externally.
It is expected that the Project Co-ordinator will take ownership of the following; drawing upon support from the Project Managers where appropriate. The job responsibilities are outlined in the competency matrix and are progressive in complexity.
- Proactively manage all project administration tasks within specified deadlines.
- Actively seek ways of streamlining administrative tasks.
- Support team members to ensure that all projects are correctly administered and deadlines met.
- Work with the Project Manager to deliver all key tasks within agreed deadlines and to budget.
- Maintain all project files.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed tour schedule.
Managing equipment required for a project:
- Build and maintain a solid knowledge of Neg Earth Lights Ltd equipment and stay abreast of industry trends.
- Interpret a rigging and lighting plot to create an equipment list.
- Ensure that the equipment assigned to a project fulfils the lighting and rigging plots as specified by the client.
- Maintain the accuracy of the equipment list throughout the project life span.
- Discuss content of equipment list with operations team, ensuring that they have sufficient information to prepare the equipment on a timely basis.
- Maintain equipment management system on a timely basis. Notify changes to equipment and warehouse teams and crew.
- Recognise and highlight equipment shortages.
- Create carnets from a prepared list taking shipping and travel times into account.
Crew Planning and interaction:
- Identify crew skills and dynamics required for a job.
- Work with the project team members to make sure that all projects are adequately crewed.
- Take responsibility for crew needs on a tour and manage expectations.
- Facilitate impact of equipment changes with crew.
Project financials and budgets:
- Raise purchase orders timely, accurately and in line with PO process, attaching sufficient support for authorisation.
- Raise quotes based on clients requests and ensure that all associated costs are included.
- Raise hire agreements on a timely basis, ensuring that any additional requirements are correctly billed.
- Liaise with finance team to ensure billing is timely and accurate and that project costs are reconciled.
Client liaison and relationship management:
- Build relationships with clients, communicate in the appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate care and attention to detail by attending gigs where possible.
- Keep a journal of all key venues and specific requirements and/or restrictions.
Health & Safety:
- Work in conjunction with the H&S specialist to manage the production of Neg Earth Lights Ltd Health & Safety documentation to an industry-leading standard including method statements and risk assessments.
- Create additional health & safety files for International authorities as tour appropriate.
- Liaise with production and acquire all relevant shipping details and time requirements to ship and load.
- Calculate space requirements and highlight potential weight issues.
- Ensure that carnets are raised on a timely basis and within specified requirements.
- Work closely with operations teams.
- Provide information in a timely manner.
- Update and communicate changes in equipment.
- Resolve any issues and equipment queries.
- Liaise with the operations team to arrange demonstrations when required.
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
- Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Comply with all Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience within a similar role within the lighting / entertainment industry.
- Expert knowledge and use of a Stock Management System.
- Proven experience interpreting plots.
- Autonomy but must also be an excellent team player.
- Must be able to take ownership and accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate personal integrity and professional manner
- Self- motivated and takes personal responsibility
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Resilient and able to maintain relationships even in difficult situations
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to work for paid overtime when required.
- Expert Product knowledge for the full range of Neg Earth Lights Ltd stock along with a sound understanding of market trends and latest technology.
- Previous use of Easy Job or Hiretrack.
- Immediately available.
What’s in it for you? - Company Benefits Include:
- Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cash Back Health Care Scheme provided by Health Shield.
- Private Health Insurance provided by Bupa.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory 8 UK Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme provided by Scottish Widows.
- Discretionary annual company performance related bonus.
- Access to the onsite company gym.
- Six monthly appraisals.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Further Education Scheme.
- Holistic wellbeing training and awareness scheme.
- Relevant external departmental or level based training, where appropriate.
Ready to join our winning team? - How to Apply:
Please submit your application for the role via email. Closing Date: 30/04/2018.
Equal Opportunities – How we can help you:
Please note that Neg Earth Lights Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer. Should you require any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavor to make all reasonable adjustments.
Due to high volumes of applications we are not always able to respond to each application. Therefore if you have not been contacted 10 working days post the above mentioned closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.