Warehouse Supervisor Goods In / Goods Out
Neg Earth Lights Ltd is one of the UK’s leading independent entertainment lighting and rigging providers. The winner of TPI’s Favorite Lighting Rental Company award in 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. With us everything is possible.
Our speciality is hiring equipment for use in the Rock and Roll, Concert Touring and Theatre industries, both in the UK and across the globe. With over 35 years dedicated to providing a one stop shop for lighting and events solutions, we pride ourselves on our first class customer service and our market leading equipment prepared to the highest standards.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor with proven experience with the responsibility of Goods in / Goods Out and preferably utilizing a Warehouse Management System. The successful individual will be looking for a fast paced warehouse based role within a friendly and results orientated team.
The primary responsibility is the supervision of the smooth running of key operational tasks within the warehouse and to ensure that movement of equipment in and out of the warehouse is accurately recorded. In addition to their own responsibilities the role holder is also responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient knowledge and ability to provide appropriate cover/support for/to the Location Control Warehouse Supervisor and to liaise and work with the role holder to ensure that they can cover for the Deputy Warehouse Manager to ensure the efficient running of operations within the Company.
There are 3 core supervisory areas of responsibility.
- 1. Equipment.
- Ensure all information regarding equipment and/or personnel is processed appropriately.
- Continuous liaison with all warehouse and office based departments to facilitate collections and/or deliveries, ensuring the necessary information is relayed to the driver(s) in a timely manner.
- Assist the WMS Team Leader to:
- Correctly log all equipment prior to load.
- Return tipped equipment efficiently into the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Move returned equipment to its correct location.
- Locate missing and damaged equipment when applicable.
- Work in conjunction with Project Handlers, Warehouse Management and Crew to facilitate the effective and efficient provision and support of all crewed jobs and dry hires for which Neg Earth Lights is the supplier.
- Ensure Load Lists are completed correctly for all crewed jobs and the relevant information is entered into the appropriate systems immediately after loading.
- Ensure stock levels in the stock management systems and the WMS accurately reflect the equipment held in the warehouse.
- 2. Manpower planning and supervision.
- Ensure sufficient manpower to carry out loading/tipping of equipment at all times, including weekends. Liaise with all other Warehouse Supervisors to plan warehouse staff workloads and plan warehouse goals for the day/week.
- Support the Warehouse Manager and Deputy Warehouse Manager as directed to and supervise the work of warehouse staff.
- Assist with the management of all central warehouse staff rotas, overtime, staff absences (sickness & holiday).
- Support the collation of overtime records to the Accounts department each week.
Work with Warehouse departments and teams to ensure they are fully aware of work requirements and order of priority.
- Maintain and encourage effective communication and liaison with the Project Team, Warehouse department, Company drivers and external transportation companies to ensure the safe, efficient and timely transportation of equipment.
- 3. Working Safely.
- Complete Safe Systems of Work as required by Risk Assessments, managing residual risks to acceptable levels and ensure all warehouse operational activities encourage efficient and suitable working environments for employees, crew and freelancers.
- Assist in ensuring COSHH and PPE requirements are observed and applied throughout the Company either by direct management and/or liaison with the respective Head of Department.
- Ensure freelancers and crew adhere to Neg Earth Lights’ procedures and Health and Safety requirements at all times.
- Complete Risk Assessments for tasks undertaken, reviewing as required and
- Investigate incidents and accidents as they occur, document findings and work with the Health and Safety Manager to prevent heir reoccurrence.
- Supervise the loading and tipping of all equipment at Neg Earth Lights, ensuring compliance with the HSE at all times.
- Ensure all sub hires and dry hires coming in and out of Neg Earth Lights are complete, on time and are recorded accurately.
- Maintain the location control and tracking of sub hired equipment and Neg Earth Lights’ rental equipment within the warehouse.
- Plan the day-to-day transport requirements and driver workloads for Company vehicles and drivers, ensuring the Company operates legally.
- Ensure Company Drivers fulfil all necessary vehicle maintenance requirements and report any issues to the Property Services Manager.
- Plan the day-to-day Fork Lift Truck (FLT) requirements and FLT Driver workloads, ensuring the Company operates legally and FLT inspections are carried out.
- Open up, lock up, tidy and supervise work in LH1.
- Provide appropriate cover/support for/to the Warehouse Supervisor (Location Control) to ensure the efficient running of operations within the Company.
Standard Companywide Responsibilities:
- Any other duties as required / authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Load and unload trucks, when required.
- Ensuring the warehouse and work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- To ensure that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labelled and stored appropriately.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Competent in using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word, and have a proven competence in software stock control systems / Warehouse Management Systems such as Hire track.
- Proven demonstrable management / supervisor experience.
- Ability to work paid overtime during busy periods, when required.
- Excellent attention to detail and discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Autonomy and a proactive work ethic.
- Excellent time keeping.
- Customer focused.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work for paid overtime when required (including weekends).
- Experience within the lighting / entertainment industry.
- Current Driving Licence, categories including C and / or C+E.
- Current FLT Licence.
- First Aider.
- Current Rigging Certificate.
- Preparation and repair of lighting and associated equipment.
What’s in it for you? - Company Benefits Include:
- Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen.
- Free onsite parking.
- Cash Back Health Care Scheme provided by Health Shield.
- Private Health Insurance provided by Bupa.
- 30 days holiday (inclusive of statutory 8 UK Bank Holidays).
- Pension Scheme provided by Scottish Widows.
- Discretionary annual company performance related bonus.
- Access to the onsite company gym.
- Six monthly appraisals.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Further Education Scheme.
- Holistic wellbeing training and awareness scheme.
- Relevant external departmental or level based training, where appropriate.
Ready to join our winning team? - How to Apply:
Please submit your application for the role via email.
Equal Opportunities – How we can help you:
Please note that Neg Earth Lights Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer. Should you require any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will endeavor to make all reasonable adjustments.
Due to high volumes of applications we are not always able to respond to each application. Therefore if you have not been contacted 10 working days post the above mentioned closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.