Registration is now open for the Event Safety Alliance’s annual Event Safety Summit, taking place Wednesday, November 20 – Friday, November 22, 2019 at Rock Lititz in Lititz, Pennsylvania. Leading entertainment industry insurance solutions provider Take1 Insurance will once again serve as the Presenting Sponsor of the event.
All reasonable event professionals want their shows to be safe. But the meaning of “safe” varies with one’s role, level of experience, and insight about the event’s ultimate goals. The 2019 Event Safety Summit looks deeper at the unique challenges faced by event technicians, managers, and organizers and explores how their individual safety responsibilities influence the overall event environment. Featuring nearly 30 presentations, workshops, and networking opportunities this year’s Summit makes it easier than ever for attendees to curate a program that fits their individual interests and needs.
A sampling of current topics include*:
- Just DO it! How to Improve Safety Compliance
- Holding Ourselves Accountable - A Discussion on Policy, Influence, & Doing the Right Thing
- Electrocution, Causes, & Prevention
- Sexual Violence Recognition and Prevention
- Is There a Safe Way to Construct an LED Screen? YES!
- Building the Foundation for Situational Awareness.
- Decisions & Consequences: When the Right Thing Goes Wrong
- Scaffolding Design, Installation, and Management in the Performance Industry
- Control Room Design & Operations
- Inspection Procedures
- Event Security for Nervous Times
- CPR/AED/First Aid Training
- Best Practices in Corporate Safety
- SWOT Analysis for Live Events
- Professional Self Defense for Dummies
- Rigging Hardware Inspection and Safe Use
- Are you Insurable? Making Magic Happen While Remaining Covered
- Interaction of Pyrotechnics and SFX on Rigging Systems
- The Fundamentals of Performer Flying Safety
- On Trial: Your Career & Your Reputation
*Subject to change
Additional sessions will be announced over the coming weeks. Check the ESA website often for updates.
Details and registration information can be found at http://eventsafetysummit.com.