Salary: Band D (£23,062 - £30,030 per annum).
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hrs per week.
Location: London, North Acton.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm.
Reporting to: Business Manager
Department: Project Team
Our love of creating an amazing visual spectacle and being part of something special, drives who we are, and what we do, every day.
At Neg Earth Lights, we are at the top of the game. Voted favourite lighting rental company in the UK for the last 5 out of 7 years. We deliver quality and innovation on time, every time.
We believe that everything is possible. Whatever we do, we do with respect and passion within an exciting and inspiring community where everyone can excel. Using our collective creativity and resourcefulness, we truly believe that we can turn challenges into opportunities. The show must go on!
Come and experience the show from the best seat in the house. Get your hands on the latest and best quality equipment on the market and work with world renowned Lighting Designers. Set your career goals and follow your career development path while being part of a fun, inviting and diverse company culture.
About You & the Role:
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Neg Earth’s reputation for excellence and innovation is enhanced, by supporting the management and practical implementation of each project and ensuring that all project operations run as smoothly as possible behind the scenes.
Identifying, allocating and confirming the right crew for a project is as important as the equipment we send.
This entails facilitating each project’s efficient progress through the company with thorough documentation and use of internal systems, as well as maintaining excellent internal and external communications. Working closely with the Project Managers primarily to manage the practical application of each project from identifying, allocating and confirming the right crew for a project, through to completion of invoices. Project coordination ensures the smooth running of a project from quotation to delivery, including building strong working relationships both internally and externally.
You’ll play an essential part in your team and company success story by efficiently and effectively carrying out duties including:
Crew planning and interaction
- Being a friendly point of contact and support for the crew on tour, identifying crew skills and dynamics required for a job and working with the wider team to ensure that all project are adequately crewed.
- Co-ordinating requests at the crew planning meeting.
- Working with the project team members to make sure that all projects are adequately crewed.
- Maintaining crew availability so that all non-available dates are visible.
- Ensuring that Crew details and documentation are correct and in line with GDPR requirements, including new contracts, rates, skills, personal requirements and visa applications.
- Taking responsibility for crew needs on a tour and manage expectations.
- Facilitating impact of equipment changes with crew.
- Ensuring that crew invoices match confirmations and work through discrepancies with finance and the PM’s.
- Resolving both internal and external queries.
- Supporting project team by efficient and streamlined project administration process and working to agreed deadlines.
- Actively seeking ways of streamlining administrative tasks.
- Supporting team members to ensure that all crew requirements are correctly administered and deadlines met.
- Working with Project Managers to deliver all key crew related tasks within agreed deadlines and to the agreed budget.
- Maintaining all crew related files.
- Maintaining an accurate and detailed crew tour schedule.
Project financials and budgets
- Raising purchase orders timely, accurately and in line with PO process, attaching sufficient support for authorisation.
Client liaison and relationship management
- Building positive relationships with clients through effective communication and customer support.
- Demonstrating care and attention to detail by attending gigs where possible.
Health & Safety
- Working in conjunction with the H&S team to manage the production of Neg Earth Lights Ltd Health & Safety documentation to an industry-leading standard including method statements and risk assessments.
- Creating additional health & safety files specifically affidavits and crew personnel for International authorities as tour appropriate.
- Maintaining accuracy of all project related information throughout the project life span and ensuring efficient communication of all project related crew requirements.
- Updating and communicating changes in crew requirements.
- Resolving any issues and related to crew personnel.
Your Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We can’t live without your:
- Industry knowledge and experience working in the live events environment.
- Experience in working with freelance crew.
- Proficient in business administration of all freelance crew documentation required and maintained internally / externally for productions.
- A good accounting knowledge in relation to purchase orders and invoicing.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being a real team player.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability
- Ability to plan ahead, organise, prioritise, delegate and oversee workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, demonstrating resilience, flexibility and ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Can-do positive attitude
- Great communication skills.
- The show must go on so providing a 7 day operation/service is key. Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.
- Advanced MS Office applications skills– Outlook, Excel, Word.
Nice to have, but we’ll be happy to offer additional training and support in:
- Knowledge of entertainment lighting and rigging.
- Good product knowledge for the full range of Neg Earth Lights Ltd stock along with a sound understanding of market trends and latest technology.
- Knowledge and use of a Crew Management System, Previous use of Easy Job or Hiretrack.
Does this sound like you? Do you love challenge and are ready for an amazing career in a vibrant industry?
Get in touch! We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We’ll be happy to help with any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role. Let us know and we’ll do our best to make all possible adjustments.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read more about Neg Earth Lights and the role. We try very hard to reply to each applicant. As we receive a large number of candidate responses, unfortunately we are not always able to get back to every candidate individually. Therefore, should you not be contacted within 20 days after the submission of your application, then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You will however be contacted if you have been shortlisted to the next stage.
We would like to encourage you to follow our LinkedIn, Facebook and website for other vacancies so that we can look forward to your application for other roles that may be of your interest in the future.
We wish you all the best of luck!
- Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen.
- The opportunity to continue to grow and develop whilst working alongside a skilled team in a supportive culture.
- We’ll take care of your physical and mental wellbeing with our Private Health Insurance and Pension Scheme, our Internal Wellbeing and Mental Health Awareness training scheme and onsite company gym.
- Free onsite parking.
- As you’ll be a star employee, you’ll have the opportunity to be considered for an annual bonus.
Apply at: https://neg-earth-lights-ltd.workable.com/j/284ED91C25?viewed=true