Recruitment / HR Advisor
Salary: Band C (£25,412 - £34,647 per annum).
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hrs per week.
Location: London, North Acton.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm.
Reporting to: HR Director.
Our love of creating an amazing visual spectacle and being part of something special, drives who we are, and what we do, every day.
At Neg Earth Lights, we are at the top of the game. Voted favourite lighting rental company in the UK for the last 5 out of 7 years. We deliver quality and innovation on time, every time.
We believe that everything is possible. Whatever we do, we do with respect and passion within an exciting and inspiring community where everyone can excel. Using our collective creativity and resourcefulness, we truly believe that we can turn challenges into opportunities. The show must go on!
Come and experience the show from the best seat in the house. Get your hands on the latest and best quality equipment on the market and work with world renowned Lighting Designers. Set your career goals and follow your career development path while being part of a fun, inviting and diverse company culture.
About You & The Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Recruitment/HR Advisor to join our team. Reporting to the HR Director, the purpose of the role is to manage and support hiring manager with current recruitment campaigns, manage our HR Information System (HRIS), provide generalist HR support and guidance on HR System, employment law and internal procedures to Managers and Employees.
Are you a great communicator and collaborative problem solver? Is building and maintaining strong relationships really important to you, even in challenging times? Are you a resilient self-starter who prioritises like a pro to stay ahead of the game? Can you respond calmly and maintain focus when faced with the challenges of last minute changes? Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge whilst adding to your own skill base?
You’ll play an essential part in your team and company success story by:
- Managing and planning allocated recruitment activities - JD drafting, advertising, shortlisting, interview scheduling, following up with all candidates as appropriate, offer, contract and onboarding.
- Posting jobs via ATS (Workable) and coordinate recruitment activities
- Monitoring and tracking recruitment data and assisting HR team with workforce planning to ensure the budget and headcount are aligned.
Induction and Onboarding
- Obtaining and recording new starter documentation - issuing contracts of employment within ATS and inputting new starter data in HRIS.
- Planning and delivering of the HR induction for new employees – delivering induction, monitoring induction completion by other departments. Monitoring probationary reviews to ensure completion by line managers.
HRIS (CASCADE) Management
- Solely managing Cascade and data input and reporting into the system
- Inputting new starters, role changes, leaver details and any other HR information required to maintain an accurate database of all employees in Cascade.
- Managing any Cascade related enquiries to ensure that they are responded to in a timely manner and in accordance with the company policies and user requirements.
- Ensuring continuous internal audit and improvements in order to support accurate record keeping.
- Processing starters and leavers and other changes to contracts from HRIS in preparation for monthly payroll.
- Providing advice and guidance to Line Managers and employees on accurate absence recording in line with the Company processes.
- Preparing and presenting statistics and reports and executive summaries as required for Directors and Senior Management Team.
HRIS implementation project support
- Providing ongoing maintenance by designing and customizing screens and workflows in line with the business requirements.
- Contacting Cascade support line as required to troubleshooting and resolving system bugs and issues.
- Assisting with and delivering training sessions on HRIS and internal processes as and when required.
Payroll and Benefits:
- Collating information for monthly and weekly payroll processing for casual and permanent employees.
- Managing employee enrolment into and out of company benefit schemes to include Private Healthcare and Pension.
- In support of Line Managers and HR Director, preparing appropriate paperwork and approval for salary reviews and promotions.
Employment Law & Employee Relations:
Performance Management /Reviews - ensuring Appraisals and Probationary reviews are carried out and recorded in HRIS, in line with the company agreed timescales.
Learning and Talent Development - supporting with administration and coordination of Learning and Development needs and events within the business, as required by the HR Director.
- Proactively identifying areas for improvement and recommending solutions within own working area and across other teams.
- Through personal research and our external legal liaison contact, ensuring that the Company Policies and Procedures reflect the latest legislative changes.
- Providing support and guidance to Line Managers on employment law matters.
- Providing admin support to the HR Director in ER casework as required.
- Monitoring employee engagement strategies and social events.
- Continuously supporting optimisation of internal procedures, employee engagement and benefits strategies by providing input and delivering these projects autonomously.
Experience and Knowledge
- Proven HR systems administration experience.
- Ability to effectively plan and organise own workload and the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work within a busy environment and in a small team where flexibility and proactivity are essential.
- Experience coordinating payroll and benefit schemes.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- CIPD Level 3 HR Management or working towards.
- CIPD Level 3 Employment Law or working towards.
- Intermediate IT Skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
Efficient Communication and Organisational skills
- High level of accuracy, with impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously whilst being a real team player.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability and see things through to completion.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, demonstrating resilience, flexibility and ability to maintain positive relationships.
- Persuasive communicator - proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Honesty and reliable work ethic.
- Can-do attitude based on motivation and a solution focused approach and proactive problem solving.
- Lead by example: inspire others to implement company values in to day to day work life.
- The show must go on so providing a 7 day operation/service is key. Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.
- Competitive salary
- Overtime pay (T&Cs apply)
- Private Healthcare (Cash plan after 6 months and BUPA after 1 year of continuous service).
- Free onsite Gym.
- Free onsite parking.
- Enhanced sick pay (after successful probationary period).
- Enhanced annual leave package.
- Breakfast and fruit.
- Free tickets to current events (limited to existing stock and conditional to our lottery system).
- Learning and Development sponsoring programs (after successful probationary period. T&Cs apply).
- Annual bonus (T&Cs apply).
- The opportunity to continue to grow and develop whilst working alongside a skilled team in a supportive culture.
How to apply: please fill in our application form and submit your CV and Cover letter. Note that applicants who do not submit a cover letter and fill in the required application questions may not be shortlisted to interview.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read more about Neg Earth Lights and the role. We try very hard to reply to each applicant. As we receive a large number of candidate responses, unfortunately we are not always able to get back to every candidate individually. Therefore, should you not be contacted within 20 days after the submission of your application, then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You will however be contacted if you have been shortlisted to the next stage.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We’ll be happy to help with any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role. Let us know and we’ll do our best to make all possible adjustments.
We would like to encourage you to follow our LinkedIn, Facebook and website for other vacancies so that we can look forward to your application for other roles that may be of your interest in the future.
We wish you all the best of luck!
Apply at: https://neg-earth-lights-ltd.workable.com/j/81F12B225A?viewed=true