Salary: Band A (£39,270 – £76,226).
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week.
Location: London, North Acton, NW10.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday: working hours will vary according to the following shift patterns: 08:00 – 17:00 or 09:30 – 18:30.
Reporting to: Business Manager.
Our love of creating an amazing visual spectacle and being part of something special, drives who we are, and what we do, every day.
At Neg Earth Lights, we are at the top of the game. Voted favourite lighting rental company in the UK for the last 5 out of 7 years. We deliver quality and innovation on time, every time.
We believe that everything is possible. Whatever we do, we do with respect and passion within an exciting and inspiring community where everyone can excel. Using our collective creativity and resourcefulness, we truly believe that we can turn challenges into opportunities. The show must go on!
Come and experience the show from the best seat in the house. Get your hands on the latest and best quality equipment on the market and work with world renowned Lighting Designers. Set your career goals and follow your career development path while being part of a fun, inviting and diverse company culture.
About You & The Role:
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement / Contracts Manager, who is looking for an exciting role within a dynamic, friendly and results orientated team. The purpose of this role is to lead the team and bring supply chain expertise so that we plan source and purchase the best quality equipment, goods and services for the company at the most competitive prices whilst maintaining sustainability, risk and being mindful of ethical issues. You will also oversee supply chain management and procurement, possibly on a worldwide scale.
Are you a great networker and do you believe in building strong client – supplier relationships? Is negotiating deals your passion? Can you articulate clearly complex issues across a breadth of stakeholders and generate new solutions in a creative and collaborative way? Do you have a passion for excellence and could you develop awareness and improve supply chain operational excellence across the business? Are you a decisive, resilient self-starter who prioritises like a ‘pro’ to stay ahead of the game? Can you respond calmly and maintain focus when faced with the challenges of last minute changes? Do you take accountability and responsibility for your actions? Do you see your team’s motivation and development as a key driver of success and the delivery of excellence?
You will play an essential part in your team and company success story by:
Procurement & Contracts
- Forecasting levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs ensuring that stock levels are appropriate.
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers to achieve the best outcomes to meet the demands of the business.
- Developing the supply base by identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided. Ensuring mutual awareness of key business objectives.
- Ensuring that internal processes are streamlined and efficient.
- Forecasting price trends and their impact on future activities.
- Developing and execution of the purchasing strategy. Ensuring that it is tailored to meet external changes and regulations.
- Evaluating bids and making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Maintaining knowledge by attending meetings and trade conferences.
- Evaluating costs and review supply chain economics to ensure consistent value added activities.
- Presenting of supply chain and market trends analysis, producing reports and statistics for the Senior Management Team to support company growth.
- Providing supervision and inspirational leadership to the procurement team on various projects.
- Motivating and supporting the procurement team members in continuous growth, identifying learning opportunities and organising for internal and external training for the team.
- Engaging with and developing supply chain skills and knowledge across the organisation.
- Maintaining great working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring systems and documentation are accurately maintained.
- Managing economically and operationally viable stock levels and replenishment through liaison with other internal departments.
- Providing technical support to Neg Earth colleagues, freelance crew and production crew.
We can’t live without your:
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement within entertainment or construction industry.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Aptitude in decision-making and analytical skills.
- BSc, BTEC HNC/HND degree in supply chain management, logistics or business studies.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Customer focused mentality and exemplary attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills, adaptability and flexibility.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written.
- Your ability to plan ahead, organize and prioritise workload.
- Microsoft Office Package – Advanced user.
- The show must go on, so providing a 7 day operation/service is key. Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.
Nice to have, but we’ll be happy to offer additional training and support in:
- The use of a stock control system.
- Experience within the lighting / entertainment industry.
- Experience within a rental hire and or warehouse environment.
We are also curious about:
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
Does this sound like you? Do you love challenge and are ready for an amazing career in a vibrant industry?
Get in touch! We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We’ll be happy to help with any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role. Let us know and we’ll do our best to make all possible adjustments.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read more about Neg Earth Lights and the role. We try very hard to reply to each applicant. As we receive a large number of candidate responses, unfortunately we are not always able to get back to every candidate individually. Therefore, should you not be contacted within 20 days after the submission of your application, then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You will however be contacted if you have been shortlisted to the next stage.
We would like to encourage you to follow our LinkedIn, Facebook and website for other vacancies so that we can look forward to your application for other roles that may be of your interest in the future.
We wish you all the best of luck!