Warehouse / Forklift Operative
Salary: Band D (£23,062 - £30,030 per annum).
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week.
Location: London, North Acton, NW10.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm, includes Weekend Work on Rotation (Approximately 2 weekends per, month with a designated time off during the week).
Reporting to: Deputy Warehouse Manager.
Our love of creating an amazing visual spectacle and being part of something special, drives who we are, and what we do, every day.
At Neg Earth Lights, we are at the top of the game. Voted favourite lighting rental company in the UK for the last 5 out of 7 years. We deliver quality and innovation on time, every time.
We believe that everything is possible. Whatever we do, we do with respect and passion within an exciting and inspiring community where everyone can excel. Using our collective creativity and resourcefulness, we truly believe that we can turn challenges into opportunities. The show must go on!
Come and experience the show from the best seat in the house. Get your hands on the latest and best quality equipment on the market and work with world renowned Lighting Designers. Set your career goals and follow your career development path while being part of a fun, inviting and diverse company culture.
About You & The Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse / Forklift Operative ideally with experience within entertainment industry.
This role is part of a team of two that will rotate duties in order to support a smooth running of the warehouse operations. The purpose of this role is to provide assistance where required within the warehouse whilst ensuring that the Company’s jobs are completed to the required speciation and within the designated timescales.
Is safe and efficient forklift operation your second nature? Are you looking for a fast paced warehouse based role within a friendly and results orientated team? Are you practically minded with a keen interest in entertainment lighting industry? Are you a great communicator and collaborative problem solver? Can you respond calmly and maintain focus when faced with the challenges of last minute changes?
You’ll play an essential part in your team and company success story by efficiently and effectively carrying out duties including:
- Assisting with any fork lift requirements using a counterbalance, multi-directional and electric stacker fork trucks.
- Carrying out daily inspections on all fork trucks.
- Using Company stock control system to pick and return equipment.
- Preparing and inspect truss, metal work and wheel boards and paint if required.
- Loading and unloading vehicles.
- Liaising regularly with the Warehouse Management team, to understand and to then expedite the company’s daily operations requirements.
General Warehouse Duties
- Gathering and storing equipment for loads / reallocation back into the warehouse.
- Ensuring that all flight cases are cleaned, maintained in line with company standards, labeled and stored appropriately.
- Assisting with the build and disassembly of equipment.
- Assisting with de-rigging stage lighting systems
Standard Company-wide Responsibilities:
- Any other duties as required by other Heads of Departments and authorised by your Line Manager / Line Management reporting line.
- Ensuring the warehouse and work areas are kept in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
- Complying with all Health and Safety requirements and use of safety equipment in line with policies and training provided.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures.
We can’t live without your:
- Current fork lift truck counterbalance license
- Experience of working within a similar role.
- Autonomy and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Customer focused mentality and exemplary attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills, adaptability and flexibility.
- Great communication skills both verbal and written.
- Your ability to plan ahead, organize and prioritise workload.
- The show must go on so providing a 7 day operation/service is key. Therefore the ability to work paid overtime on occasions, including weekends is essential.
Nice to have, but we’ll be happy to offer additional training and support in:
- Multi directional forklift license
- Electric stacker license
- Experience within the lighting / entertainment industry.
We are also curious about:
Does this sound like you? Do you love challenge and are ready for an amazing career in a vibrant industry?
Get in touch! We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We’ll be happy to help with any specialist arrangements in order for you to apply or interview for this role. Let us know and we’ll do our best to make all possible adjustments.
We really appreciate you taking the time to read more about Neg Earth Lights and the role. We try very hard to reply to each applicant. As we receive a large number of candidate responses, unfortunately we are not always able to get back to every candidate individually. Therefore, should you not be contacted within 20 days after the submission of your application, then your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You will however be contacted if you have been shortlisted to the next stage.
We would like to encourage you to follow our LinkedIn, Facebook and website for other vacancies so that we can look forward to your application for other roles that may be of your interest in the future.
We wish you all the best of luck!
What’s in it for you?
- Working with exceptional people, the latest technologies and being a part of a team making remarkable events happen
- The opportunity to continue to grow and develop whilst working alongside a skilled team in a supportive culture
- We’ll take care of your physical and mental wellbeing with our Private Health Insurance and Pension Scheme, our Internal Wellbeing and Mental Health Awareness training scheme and onsite company gym
- Free onsite parking
- As you’ll be a star employee, you’ll have the opportunity to be considered for an annual bonus.
Apply at: https://neg-earth-lights-ltd.workable.com/j/168407CA69?viewed=true