Salary: Competitive depending on experience.
Job Type: Permanent and fixed term contracts available
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks
Hours: 9.00am – 5.30pm
We are recruiting for both permanent staff and fixed term contracts between 1st May to 30th September (we are still interested in hearing from you if you are only available for some of this period). Please make clear when you apply whether you are applying for a permanent or fixed term contract.
Founded in 2001, Siyan Ltd is a Lighting Design and Rental company servicing concerts, tours, festivals and special events. Situated in High Wycombe in the foothills of the Chilterns, we supply events across the UK, Europe and beyond all year round. We have an extensive stock of fixtures, lighting desks, cable, rigging, dimming and distro, which you’ll be part of the team prepping, de-prepping and keeping in good working order.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so we’ll work with you to understand and achieve your career goals, helping you to develop your career within a fun and friendly environment.
About The Role:
We are looking for proactive and efficient people who would like to work in a busy but friendly environment. The role would involve work in the following areas:
- Counting equipment onto and off jobs, packaging it neatly into flightcases for hires, or putting it back in the correct part of the warehouse when it comes back
- Testing, cleaning and coiling cables
- De-taping and cleaning truss
- Painting truss and other metalwork as required
- Assisting with loading and unloading of trucks
- Carrying out stock checks and assisting with company stock control procedures
Our standard working hours are 9-5:30 (including a 30 minute paid lunch break), but due to the nature of the entertainment industry, some overtime will be required, including early starts, late finishes and occasional weekend working.
- Attention to detail and high standards of workmanship
- Good level of written and verbal communication
- Numerical skills (a large part of the job involves accurately counting items)
- Ability to load and unload trucks and carry out other manual handling tasks safely
- Flexible attitude to overtime as required, including some late nights, early mornings and weekends
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to follow company H&S procedures and safe systems of work.
Desirable (but we can provide additional training in all these areas.):
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Counterbalance forklift license
- Full UK driving license
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry
Siyan is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to making an inclusive environment for all our employees and are happy to make any reasonable arrangements in order to help you apply for this role. If you need any assistance or for us to make any special provisions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for taking the time to read about us and about the role. If you’re interested in finding out more about Siyan, please get in contact with us at email@example.com or by calling 01494 532820. Anyone applying or interested in applying is welcome to come and visit us first in order to find out more about our company.
To apply please send a CV and a paragraph about why you think you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to reply to everyone, but if you haven’t been contacted within 14 days of your application then you have not been successful on this occasion.